Thursday, March 29, 2012

Simply practice yoga.

"In stillness
true power requires no exertion,
no effort.
Simply practice yoga.
Then awareness will cease to waver,
untouched by the swirling winds of 
thought, worry, and desire."

-Patanjali's Yoga Sutras part III-10




 I have been thinking about this passage from Patanjali's Yoga Sutras for almost a week now. I am totally captured by the clarity of the message here and the beautiful language urging me, "just keep coming to your mat and the awareness will come! Just show up! It's simple!" Practice yoga--the union of mind and body through meditation--and your attention will become focused and your thinking more clear. Practice yoga--do asanas--and you will find power and ease, strength and calm in each pose. I believe I have found a new mantra now, "Simply practice yoga." Or as Sri K Patthabhi Jois put it, "Do your practice and all is coming."


No comments:

Post a Comment