Thursday, April 19, 2012

Living Your Yoga

Make your practice fun! 

I keep finding myself doing what my daughter calls "random yoga poses" all over the place...standing in tree pose while casually chatting with a friend at the grocery store, kicking into headstands left and right, watching t.v. in bound angle pose and pictured above--painting in half moon pose. I think that it is of the utmost importance to make your yoga practice FUN! Yoga has recently infiltrated my life and filled it with joy and fullness. I think that is why it is spilling over into every other activity in my life...there is so much happiness that has come to me through yoga and now it is pouring back out of me! 

I really do strive to live my yoga everyday in my life and not just by breaking out "random yoga poses" but by truly making each breath the first priority, appreciating my life and staying mindful always, keeping my union with my true self throughout every task and errand, loving wholly and completely...everyday. So, not taking my self or my practice too seriously is a nice way to remain playful and easy in my life. I want to be like a little child, curious and happy and always exploring. If yoga is my playground, I want to come home every night at dinnertime with dirty knees and scraped elbows, grinning ear to ear....all played out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment