Friday, June 1, 2012

Back to life....

CPR training this week went very well. So, now if anyone ever really does have a problem in one of my classes I can assist. I am comforted to have formal training on how to revive someone by providing CPR. When I was a child, my dad taught CPR training. I can still remember the large, strange-looking dummy that students practiced mouth-to-mouth on, Annie was her name I think, and the huge duffle bag in which she was stored. Much has changed since those days, so I am told by our CPR instructor, but the dummies are still just as creepy as I remember. Of course, I hope to never have to use CPR and I also hope that goes without saying.

I am having a ghost-town of a week, my schedule totally clear by some random collision of events. Memorial Day happened and my Sunday and Monday classes were all cancelled and then the hot yoga studio was closed last night for an open house event. My house is even extra-empty with my daughter gone at her dad's till the end of the weekend. Although the peace and quiet is lovely after a very hectic 2 weeks, I am feeling a little lonely and inert. I will be happy when life's normal chaotic pace resumes next week.

One of many climbing walls at Climb So iLL .

I purchased a groupon that came out this week for a new climbing gym in the area and hope to try it out soon. Since my first climbing experience, I have wanted to go back and I am thrilled that another opportunity has come along. My good friend, 'Drea, has been acting as my climbing coach and makes me feel safe and secure in the harness dangling high up above the ground. The fear of heights that I often harbor somehow doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would during rock climbing. But then again, 'Drea is there to catch me in case I fall. Isn't it good to have friends in low places?

1 comment:

  1. Love the last line of your post but not just that one.

    Of course, I now have two songs going through my head: "That's What Friends Are For" and "Back to Life..."

    Hope that you're feeling less lonely and inert today.

    ReplyDelete