Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dreams Be Dreams....


So I took a class with a teacher, Sat Inder, this week that I have been looking forward to meeting for some time now. I have been hearing his name in the yoga community, as well as many differing descriptions (and opinions) of this character, for months now. We  are facebook friends, I follow his blog and enjoy it very much and due to some studio business I have had to email him a few times but I had never met him in person. Actually that's not true...I saw him once in the hallway at a studio where he teaches and said hello.


The time came for me to finally take his class with another teacher friend of mine. I enjoyed his hour of power and even got out of bed at the crack of dawn to trek over to the city to attend...not to mention the horrors of morning rush hour traffic! Aaaarrgh! But it was all worth it...I try not to form my opinions of others via their experiences and stories. I like to make up my mind for myself...still I had a feeling that I would enjoy his personality and teaching style based on the things that I had heard..."irreverent" "straight-forward" and yes even "vulgar" at times. What can I say? I have a good sense of humor and don't mind a naughty joke once in awhile so this didn't deter me. I also really enjoy folks who don't take themselves too seriously. We also both follow the Law of Attraction, the Teachings of Abraham and he often posts the Abraham quote of the day on his facebook. I enjoy his posts and sense of humor very much.

Sat Inder



His class was great...vinyasa flow with lots of juicy adjustments at a warm 85 degrees. I am completely sore in many places today (the day after) but it was exciting to learn that I am able to bind in ways I didn't know that I could. I liked his no-fuss attitude, although I didn't get to experience any of the irreverent or vulgar during this class. He was a very kind and extremely knowledgeable teacher. The funniest part is...and I couldn't actually tell him because I would have sounded like a complete lunatic... but I had a dream about him a few weeks ago. I think it was because I have been so looking for an opportunity to connect with him in some way. Well, he had this spectacular beard which he would weave into a braid (I've seen pics) and I dreamed that he showed up at a party at my house with his beard trimmed so short! Again, I dismissed this dream as a funny piece of my mind created by who knows what?? (Monkey mind for sure!) When we showed up at his class, his beard was about 6 inches shorter....mind you that it was still much longer than in my dream....but it definitely threw me for a loop. Dreams are very mysterious and trying to decipher them can make you mad as a hatter. So for now I will just let dreams be dreams....


3 comments:

  1. That is pretty funny that you dreamed about Sat Inder.

    I used to work with an art/therapist who said that, essentially, the people in your dreams are you.

    I also like to check out http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/ when I dream about water and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this-we actually are supposed to have him teach next training. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He cut off his beard completely last week....that is some foreshadowing!

    ReplyDelete